Tuesday, October 27, 2009

long time...

it's been a long time since i've updated this...and this isn't even a real update...

but i've been thinking...and i think i need to do some video updates! how fun.

also i want to dabble in some writing more...but idk how to make myself actually write. i feel inspired but idk how to grab ahold of it all--we'll see. my computer is about to die and i'm stuck on campus for over an hour more before my LAST (finally) class of the day starts...and i'm stuck without a book, or bible. i do though have a notebook...so maybe, just maybe i can brain storm.

but what i really had to update about was the fact that i've been listening to Brandon Heath nonstop lately and i found this one song, from his independent album aka not on itunes, and i'm in love.

Ready For Romance
Brandon Heath

I used to think that love was just a sentiment for people with a lot of emotion
Right up until I turned twenty three
I've been thinking about these people buying tickets
Just to see their honey across the ocean
When I could just stay right here for free

A combination of alone and alive just came right over me
And this picture of you came into view
And you set the wild heart free

I showed my independence to the door
Took off my shoes and slid across the floor
And then I watched When Harry Met Sally once more
I'm lost without you
I never stood chance
I'm tired of freedom
I'm ready for romance

I'm skipping all that pre-relation preparation
Take it one step at a heart ache
Just give me some room and let her fly
I'll search every little town up and down the heartlands full of prosperity
Without any rest till she's next to me

A combination of alone and alive just came right over me
And this picture of you came into view
And you set this wild heart free

Let's show our independence to the door
Took off our shoes and slide across the floor
And we can watch When Harry Met Sally once more
I'm lost without you
I never stood chance
I'm tired of freedom
I'm ready for romance
© 2004 Brandon Heath

and while i'm at it i must make a confession...because of this song i went to target and bought When Harry Met Sally on dvd for $5 because i had never seen it, and i know it's suppose to be a classic and i just had to. it was enjoyable...unfortunately it is not an example of pure or christian love but still had cuteness too it. one of the best things about it though were the interviews with the other couples that randomly came on screen. good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think! What you like. What you don't like. What you'd like to see on the blog. Ways to improve. Or just say Hi.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." // 1 Corinthians 10:31