Friday, July 23, 2010

melon salsa

my mom's recipe for melon salsa

normally watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew

3 melons in fine dice
Vidalia Onion
fresh jalapeno
chili powder
cumin
lime juice and zest
vinegar of your choice(I like something light like rice or white wine but Aunt Lori likes Balsalmic. I think that gives it an unpleasant color but does give it a little sweetness)
salt

Mix all to your taste and heat requirement. I remove the skins and seeds from the jalapeno to remove the heat and then add hot sauce to taste depending on the crowd. You can also add some fresh cilantro but I usually don't. I go easy on the onion and cut it up really fine but be sure to use a really nice sweet one. It can be served immediately if your ingredients were already cold. Tip: Get 3 melons off the salad bar at the grocery to save time. Love ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think! What you like. What you don't like. What you'd like to see on the blog. Ways to improve. Or just say Hi.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." // 1 Corinthians 10:31