Saturday, February 21, 2009

my souls husband

this is a short expert from an article by Annie Wesche in Leslie Ludy's online Set-Apart Girl online magazine that captures my heart, i think it's a beautiful picture...

I had spent hours envisioning the life I would have serving alongside an earthly husband. We would be rescuing dying bodies and souls, taking loads of orphans into our family, and while He preached the gospel I would be praying fervently for the Holy Spirit to move upon lost hearts. And while those dreams still exist, they have taken a new place in my heart. Rather than taking up each moment with waiting, they lie tucked away, joyfully and sacredly kept for the proper time; and when an earthly man is given every single one of those dreams will be possible with our Lord.

What now takes center stage is that my soul’s Husband is the very One who has healing for those dying bodies and hope for each perishing soul, the Father to every fatherless child, and the gospel itself Living and active! At His bidding and enablement each day I can be His hands and feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think! What you like. What you don't like. What you'd like to see on the blog. Ways to improve. Or just say Hi.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." // 1 Corinthians 10:31